Take a look at our Apprenticeships with PTS flyer here - View Document
So what is an Apprenticeship?
An Apprenticeship is a qualification that is achieved whilst at work. It is an opportunity to gain or build on your knowledge and experience, whilst working towards qualifications and earning money at the same time.
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
What are the benefits of an apprenticeship?
Getting qualified while on the job can also mean:
- You work better and more effectively
- It can set you up to move into new and better jobs
- You get better pay
- You get to experience new and different challenges
- Your existing skills and knowledge are recognised and can help you gain a qualification faster
- You learn at your own pace and get support when you need it
- Better job security
- You gain skills and knowledge which can be used across a range of jobs and industries
- No tuition fees.
What makes up an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships are made up of several elements:
- Combined Qualification – This combines both knowledge and competency elements within a single qualification to develop your knowledge and technical competency for your job role.
- Transferable Functional Skills - Achieved via online or paper based tests. Functional English, Maths and ICT are all required in many of the Apprenticeship roles and qualifications so if you did your exams a long time ago or didn’t get such good grades at school this is a chance to develop, practice and then demonstrate your skills and ability. These are online tests. If you have achieved GCSE Grade C or above within the last 5 years you may be exempt from some or all of these functional skills.
- Additional areas also covered whilst on your Apprenticeship are Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) and Personal Learning and thinking styles (PLTTS). These are drawn out through all of the above aspects of the qualification.
What apprenticeships do PTS deliver?
An Intermediate apprenticeship (Level 2) will take a minimum of 12 months, and an Advanced apprenticeship (Level 3) will take between 14 and 24 months.
Team Leading L2 & Management L3
Good team leaders and managers are essential to any organisation. They inspire and motivate others to succeed. The apprenticeship helps develop personal behaviour with the necessary functional management skills. These qualifications are broad and offer enormous scope for career development.
Customer Service- L2 & L3 (Intermediate & Advanced)
As more and more business is transacted online or over the phone, the quality of customer service plays an increasingly important part. As an investment, customer service training brings the highest returns. Customer loyalty can be improved, while internally, management and other staff gain a greater appreciation of organisational values and responsibilities, helping them work as a team to maintain and improve those values.
Business & Administration - L2, L3 & L4 (Intermediate, Advanced & Higher)
Administrators play a crucial role in organisations by handling day-to-day tasks and making sure the office runs smoothly and this sort of work requires a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail. The apprenticeship includes vocational education and training to develop skills, builds knowledge and experience, gaining qualifications and earning money at the same time.
If you feel that you are not quite ready for an apprenticeship but would like some experience please visit our Traineeships page. We also offer a Pre Apprenticeship Programme for those who are just leaving school.
Are you searching for an Apprenticeship vacancy? If so, CLICK HERE to find out what is available to you.
Telephone: 01452 886888