- 16-18 years old (or 19-24 for those with an educational health care plan).
- Have a right to live and work in the UK.
- Live in Gloucestershire.
- Currently not in education, employment, or training (NEET).
Why study with us?
- Interactive and engaging sessions, taught by our experienced tutors.
- Great incentives such as bus fare reimbursement.
- Gain up to Level 2 in maths and English.
- Work experience with our professional partners (where you can also gain a reference).
- Excellent pastoral care and supportive environment.
The course is assignment based and enables you to learn in the safety of our fully equipped learning centre.
What will you study?
This course is an introduction to the various job roles and childcare environments and includes the following topics:
- How to work in childcare
- Guidance and standards
- Health and safety
- Safeguarding and protection
- Equality and diversity
- Learning through play
You will work towards the qualification in a way that suits your needs. This may include sessions to improve your English, maths and work skills. You will even be placed on a work placement to learn more about working in childcare. The course will equip learners with all the skills required to progress into work, an apprenticeship or further education.
To apply, you must have one or more of the following:
- GCSE in maths and English or equivalent are desired but not compulsory.
- Have a current I.D. to confirm eligibility.
- An up-to-date I.D. photo to obtain a DBS (in order for you to complete work experience).