Employability Skills Programme (EMP Skills)
What's it All About?
The Employability programme is a privately funded bespoke work-related programme. It successfully provides work related learning, training and work place opportunities to year 10 and 11 pupils.
The programme is available in local community schools, colleges, The Princes Trust and Gloucester City Homes. However, this can be expanded on and delivered in almost any setting.
Our dedicated team expects to help young people to develop skills, confidence, awareness and understanding, as preparation for adulthood and to become the workforce of tomorrow.
This EMP Skills Programme draws on that knowledge and experience, to provide a stimulating preparation and personal development programme, suitable for young people of all abilities. The programme has been delivered here in Gloucestershire for over six years where it has proved particularly successful as a foundation experience for students requiring more intensive preparation in order to achieve success on a work placement. PTS, as full supporters of this programme, wish to see this programme flourish and develop using the many facilities it can now offer the young people of Gloucestershire.
The uniqueness of the programme continues to be founded in the context and ethos of the delivery. PTS will provide a highly experiences, motivated and committed trainer and her team, to deliver this programme. The taught termly element to the programme exclusively focuses on positive reinforcement, set within a context of employability skills and attitudes. The monitoring and work placement opportunities further develop and support these skills enabling many of its past pupils to make successful entry into the world of work and training such as apprenticeships, work based training and 6th form colleges.
Benefiting young people!
- Developing skills to enable pupils to engage into 'The World of Work!' empowering them to make relevant and informed decisions concerning their post 16 options.
- Increases personal development and self esteem, along with reinforcing positive attitudes.
- Places pupils in a stimulating, rewarding and small work based learning environment
- Young people continue to receive advice and guidance that they need to make well-informed and realistic decisions about learning and careers throughout years 10 and 11.
- Increases motivation and participation of young people in other areas of the school curriculum, keeping pupils engaged within schools as an alternative to exclusion.
- Flexible teaching programme including mock interviews, IT job research and regular teamwork activities.
The Module titles are;
- Getting to know yourself and each other
- Looking for jobs
- Money matters
- Interview experience
- Work-based Taster X2
- Preparation for employment
- Problem-solving and employment
- Applying for jobs
- Preparation for interview
- Workplace Health and Safety
The above topics take place over 13 weeks, and leads to the opportunity or sourcing and securing a work experience placement with an employer for a maximum of 18 months
Ruth Hall- EMP Coordinator
Telephone: 01452 300255 or 07515 597710
For more information on what Prospect Training Services offers to schools please download a copy of our Schools Pack! View Document