Work and Health Programme
PTS delivers the Work and Health programme on behalf of DWP and Seetec Pluss.
This contract is aimed at supporting customers with physical and mental health disabilities back into employment. All referrals to the programme are made through local JCP provisions.
PTS delivers a wide range of group training and supported workshops with supported 1-1 sessions tailored to the customer's needs. This service is funded by ESF and The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
All participants referred to the Work and Health programme at PTS are given a welcome interview, followed by an initial assessment and a tailored action plan to support them over a 15-month period. A personal employment coach will be allocated to each participant who will work with them on a 1-1 basis, giving them the help they need to get back into paid employment. This includes support with:
- Health and wellbeing
- Job search activities
- Online training
- Work experience opportunities
- Signposting to external agencies for additional support if required
All participants will be expected to join in on a fortnightly basis (for long-term unemployed customers this will be weekly) for reviews to incorporate IAG, workshops and job clubs in groups and 1-1 supported sessions.
Once the participants have gained employment, “In Work Support” will also be available, which is designed to help and support customers through the early months of employment and progress into long and sustained employment.
What do PTS offer those on the Work Programme?
- Health and wellbeing workshops
- CV, application forms and interview technique workshops
- Online training
- Confidence and motivation workshops
- Basic IT skills
- Work ready job clubs
- CSCS mock testing followed by test and green card
- Level 1 H&S
- Sector specific workshops
- 1-1 individual support
- Many more activities specifically designed to motivate and encourage participants on their journey back into employment