Health and Safety Vettings
What do we do?
Prospect Training Services offer a Health and Safety workplace vetting service to suit your requirements. This will also help reassure you that that your pupils are safe in the workplace and your duty of care towards the pupil has not been compromised.
"Just had a visit from Jim @ProspectTS to have a walk around & check our health and safety practices. We are really looking forward to having a traineeships student with us through November and Jim was superb at helping us get ready! The most enjoyable H&S review we have ever had!!" Sound House, Gloucester
At PTS, we believe as a school, you would like:
- A dedicated coordinator to plan, organise and be the link contact with your school, the employer and the student.
- A set of qualified and professionally trained health and safety field officers across the county.
- A comprehensive and current database that provides complete management of the vetting process.
- An experienced team who developed the tried and tested service from EBP and Trident based on the Safe Learner Concept.
"I met with two members of the Prospect Training Services team and my concerns were instantly alleviated. They were incredibly knowledgeable and up-to-date, and I was provided with all of the information that I needed and more. I left the meeting feeling very reassured. I was also very grateful of all of the advice I had been offered without feeling like I was having a sale pushed onto me. Representatives were clearly very passionate about their roles and this was evident in their approach to our meeting. As a school, we booked our Health and Safety checks with Prospect Training Services, and the service we received was impeccable. I received regular updates, and was given further updates whenever I needed. I didn't ever have to chase data or information, and was very impressed by the level of service that the team were able to offer at such a busy time in the year. Whether you are seeking advice in this area or looking to recruit a team to complete Health and Safety checks for your school, I cannot recommend Prospect Training Services enough. Their professionalism, attitude, service and attention to detail made our Work Experience programme so much easier to run, and it definitely would not have gone ahead without their involvement." Ellie Harvey - The Dean Academy
We at PTS, would like to advise you on the requirements for our Health and Safety reviews so you can make informed choices on who you choose to carry out your school's Health and Safety Vettings.
Our Health and Safety team are fully qualified to and above the required standard with a local knowledge built up over years of service. Along with this, we have excellent working relationships, which have been forged with local employers who all appreciate the advice and support our staff offer. PTS have insurances in place and 60 years of combined occupational health and safety experience. In addition to this, we hold an extensive database of approved placements, which has been built up with over 15 years of delivery. This is accessible to all the schools we work with. We also have reciprocal arrangements in place with out of county agencies and those further afield.
In addition to this, we provide:
- Interim and final status reports.
- On-going telephone support.
- Detailed job descriptions and risk assessments for all confirmed work experience placements.
- Health and safety monitoring visits for extended placements.
- A comprehensive tracking system is maintained for in and out of county placement requests.
- We work closely with your work experience co-ordinator to ensure the placement process is managed in a timely manner.
- Free health and safety advice, information and guidance to placement providers to encourage continued provision of work experience placements.
- Our service is viewed by our customers as a positive contribution to the school’s Ofsted inspection outcome.
We are dedicated to providing you with a professional, efficient and cost-effective service.
"Thank you so much, and will you please pass on our thanks to the rest of the team, for all your hard work and efficiency at Prospects in ensuring all our placements have been checked in time for pupils to go out next week. It is also really helpful to have the risk assessments for the placements and I will pass them on to parents tomorrow." Helen Dowell - Belmont School
"I would like to extend such a huge thanks to the PTS team from the school, pupils and parents for your hard work and efficiency." Jacqui Taylor - All Saints Academy
"I would like to thank you and your team at PTS for all your hard work in the lead up to our work experience week." Peter Lloyd - Sir Thomas Richs School
We offer out of county agencies database checks, visits, job descriptions and risk assessments.