Contract Privacy Notice
Prospect Training Services (Gloucester) Ltd (PTS) collects and uses certain information about learners/apprentices in order to deliver it services. This document describes how we process your personal and sensitive data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). It also contains information about your rights and how to contact us
Our Lawful Basis for holding and processing your data
When you supply your personal information it may be stored and processed for one or more of the following reasons:
- Your information is collected, stored and used for legitimate interests of administrating the services we are contracted to deliver on behalf of the ESFA/ESF. The information we collect includes Full Name, Address, Date of Birth, National Insurance Number and other information relevant to the services we deliver.
- Where you have provided consent to allow us to use your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing purposes about new products, promotions, special offers, further training opportunities and to track your progress on completion of your programme.
Processing of Information
PTS abides by the following principles when collecting, storing and processing your personal information
- Shall be processed fairly and lawfully
- Shall be processed for limited purposes
- Shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Shall be accurate and up to date
- Shall be kept no longer than necessary
- Shall be processed in accordance with the data subjects rights
- Shall be kept secure
- Shall not be transferred to other countries without adequate protection
PTS will ensure that the learner/apprentice:
- Understand why their information is needed
- Understand what it will be used for and the consequences are of not giving their consent to sharing
- Is given the opportunity, where applicable, to give consent for their data to be shared
- Has received sufficient information on why their data is needed and how it will be used
Accuracy of Data
PTS will take responsible steps to ensure that your information is kept up to date by asking learners/apprentices whether there have been any changes.
PTS will ensure that:
- It has a Data Protection Officer with specific responsibility for ensuring compliance with GDPR
- Staff processing personal information understand that they are contractually responsible for complying with the requirements of GDPR and are appropriately trained
- It deals promptly and courteously with any queries regarding the processing of personal information
- It describes clearly how and why information is processed
- It will regularly review and audit the way it holds, manages and use personal data.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and ensure you receive a high quality programme of learning, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Contractual compliance
- Registrations with relevant awarding bodies to enable achievement of accredited qualifications
- To process bursary applications to confirm eligibility of the bursary fund
- To contact employers for placement and job opportunities as part of your individual programme
- To access your record of prior achievement through the Learner Record Service to evidence previous qualifications achieved to support eligibility to the programme. Please follow this link to access the Learner Record Service Privacy Notice:
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, text or email. We may use the information to customise the website according to you interests.
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to share your information at any time, providing that this does not conflict with our legal obligations (See Disclosure of Information below).
Disclosure of Information
Learners/apprentices will be made aware with whom their information will be shared, however there are circumstances where the law requires and allows PTS to disclose information without the data subjects consent.
- Carrying out a legal duty or as authorised by the police.
- Protecting vital interest of a participant or other person.
- Conduction of any legal proceedings, obtaining legal advice or defending any legal rights.
Data Storage and Retention
Information and records relating to learners/apprentices will be stored securely and will only be accessible to authorised personnel. Information will be stored for only as long as it is needed or required by contract and will be destroyed appropriately.
There are specific rules that apply to the retention of documents for European Social Fund (ESF) cofinanced programmes. Documents must be retained until at least 31st December 2030, although this could be changed at any stage in the future, as required and updated by the ESF.
Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to access the information that PTS holds about you. You may request details of personal information under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. This is known as a Subject Access Request. You can make a request in writing or email to email@example.com or C4 Brunel Court, Waterwells Business Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 2AL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you have agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or C4 Brunel Court, Waterwells Business Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester, GL2 2AL
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
This privacy notice will be updated as necessary to ensure compliance with any changes or amendments made to the GDPR and future legislation.